Sunday, October 4, 2009

White asparagus, salmon, sausage, and foil-wrapped potato all grilled together

I cooked tonight's meal completely on the grill. The potatoes were started first at 6:00pm.
I followed this recipe pretty closely with the addition of garlic powder:
http://www.recipezaar.com/Easy-Foil-Bbq-Potatoes-94219

At 6:40, I added the salmon (pre-marinated from Safeway) and a N.Y. brand Italian sausage.
at 6:45, I added some white asparagus, which I drizzled with olive oil and salt.
I turned the asparagus, fish and sausage after a couple minutes, and let it continue cooking.
At about 6:55 everything was done, and ready to serve.

This was the first time that I tried white asparagus, and I quickly decided that I like the conventional green asparagus much better. The white has a strange bitter taste to it, and none of the sweetness of the green.

The best part of the potato was the roasted skin that was closest to the fire. In the future, I will turn the potato every so often to expose more of its surface to the fire.


No comments:

Post a Comment