Sunday, April 5, 2009

Beef kabob dinner

I started to make Peruvian beef kabobs with a cucumber/avocado/yogurt soup and quinoa. I could not find quinoa at the store, and I forgot to get yogurt, so I improvised quite a bit here:

Marinade for 1" cubes of beef:
2 Tbsp lime juice
2 Tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp cumin

Marinate for an hour, then skewer the beef, and cook on the grill for 3-5 minutes per side. If the cubes of beef are too small, they will be well-done when the outside is nicely charred. Make sure the cubes are large enough to be pink in the middle when the outside looks appetizing.

I made some cous-cous instead of the quinoa. I know, not a very ethnically-correct substitution, but I think the cous-cous worked better than rice.

I made a cucumber and avocado salad with sesame/ginger dressing. This tasted great, and the flavor worked really well with the rest of the dinner. I used Newman's Own dressing instead of making my own.

I also grilled some onions in olive oil along with the beef, so this turned out to be quite a multi-cultural meal. The combination was great, and I'd definitely make this again.


No comments:

Post a Comment