Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Beef Krasnoff (Stroganoff)

I always seem to end up one ingredient short of being able to make a certain meal for dinner. Tonight's missing ingredient for Stroganoff was sour cream. I was also missing wide egg noodles. Drat! I decided to make the dish anyway and followed my own rules:

I cooked a little over a pound of ground beef, then added a small chopped onion. I seasoned the mix with salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and a very small dash of Worcester sauce. Meanwhile, I cooked some spaghetti and linguine in boiling water. When the pasta was almost done cooking, I added one 10.5oz can of condensed cream of mushroom soup to the beef. I stirred, then added one 6.5oz can of chopped mushrooms. I added water until the consistency was good -- about 1/3 of the 10.5oz can.

I drained the pasta, then served the Stroganoff on top. It was really good, and I will definitely make this again.

No comments:

Post a Comment